Flexible benefits of your choice
Learning and development opportunities
25 days annual leave
Customized wellbeing programs
Extended health and travel insurances
Top trending technologies
Who we are:
Betfair Romania Development is the development powerhouse behind the Paddy Power Betfair Group. We are in Cluj-Napoca since 2009, now employing over 900 highly skilled professionals who cover a wide range of tech and non-tech areas such as development, data, information security, infrastructure, product and project management, digital marketing or sports operations.
We work on delivering unrivalled products across the industry, therefore being a Center of Excellence not only amongst PPB's European offices but also for supporting our colleagues at Sportsbet (AUS) and FanDuel (US) in creating a safe and exciting experience to our customers around the world.
At Betfair Romania Development, we know that an inclusive workplace makes for more engaged employees. As an industry leader, we continuously strive to maintain and grow a diverse and inclusive environment whilst also ensuring that we set the standards in ethical conduct and corporate responsibility.
Think Betfair. Experience Different.
It is no question that we, as a business, thrive on leveraging the power of people. We have a passion for innovation and a pace of change that creates a whirlwind of opportunities. At Betfair Romania Development, we believe in experiencing different. If you're tired of business as usual and want to create something new, you'll love it here. Quick-thinking, adaptable and disruptive, we believe the future is what you make it. Welcome to software development with a difference.
This our challenge:
• Delivering product at scale for over 5 million customers, 99,9% of transactions in less than a second
• Our systems process more than 7 million transactions every day (more than all the European stock exchanges combined)
• Deliver high transitional products, serving more than 2.5Bn calls a day
• Diverse and up to date technical landscape to explore, leverage and innovate
• The products you'll develop will comply with ambitious uptime targets: less than 50 minutes downtime expected per year
• Continuous Integration, Deployment and Testing
What you are going to do:
Betfair Romania is looking for an ambitious, enthusiastic and critical thinker to join our team as Sourcing Specialist.
Based in Cluj Napoca and reporting to the Senior Operations Manager, this role will ensure that the operational Procurement process runs smoothly and effectively and responds to queries from business units.
You are experienced and comfortable working on multiple tasks and working to tight deadlines. You have strong interpersonal skills and excellent attention to detail.
You have the ability to manage contract lifecycle management. You are comfortable using ERP systems such as Oracle iProcurement. You are comfortable within a team environment where you will service a number of different stakeholders.
• Assist and lead where required in commercial and contractual negotiations with Suppliers
• Assist and lead where required in the full procurement lifecycle, including supplier relationship management
• Establish and maintain long-term working relationships or partnerships between the company and selected suppliers, in order to improve -time-to-market' and to safeguard capacity, quality, cost, minimize risk and assure continuity of supply and relationships in the long term
• Support/lead the end-to-end delivery of supplier contracts in accordance with agreed roadmaps to meet the business needs
• Build strong working relationships with key internal stakeholders and act as a functional bridge between external vendors and internal stakeholders
• A key requirement is the ability to provide financial analysis on key Vendor Information such as tracking budgets, forecasts and spend data
• Responsible for the contract lifecycle management process and engaging with various teams (Business, Procurement team, IT Security, Tax and Legal)
• Ability to read and understand different types of legal agreements
• Strong Excel skills knowledge of large spreadsheets, pivot tables, sorting and reporting
• The ability to learn new systems quickly. Previous experience of contract management and/ iProcurement Oracle systems is desirable
• Become a champion of the Procurement policy whereby you will field various questions from different internal business units
• Running ad hoc reports for Procurement and the Business, as required.
• Manage and upgrade standard Procurement document templates on our Procurement community page.
• From time to time, work closely with Category Managers or the Senior Operations Manager on specific Procurement related projects
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, planning and time management skills and proactive nature
• Proven ability to work to deadlines, prioritize, and perform as part of a team to meet team objectives
• Monitor responses and manage requests for information ensuring appropriate and timely responses are provided.
• Ideally will have 3+ years' experience of working in a Procurement function in the Services Industry
• Use of electronic eRrx platforms would be an advantage
• Have a working knowledge of an ERP system ideally Oracle Purchasing/iProcurement
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to deliver key messages through the presentation, communication and written methods
• Logical and strategic thinking
• Ability to spot themes, trends and anomalies through data analysis to enable better business decision making
• Highly motivated and enthusiastic with a desire to learn
• The desire to work in a dynamic team environment
• Excellent Excel
• Excellent attention to detail
• 1/2 years' experience working in a Sourcing Specialist role
• Degree Level Educated
• Experience in working in a fast-paced environment
• You must enjoy interacting with a high volume of people daily.
What you can expect:
• 25 days of annual leave;
• Sharesave scheme;
• „Flexible Benefits” of your choice;
• Private health insurance (includes dental insurance and health assessments);
• Free parking;
• Thousands of courses online through ‘Udemy'
• Working from home options
Ways of working:
• Flexible working is our way of working! We're a diverse workforce and therefore a 'one size fits all' approach isn't necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let's have a chat and see how we can accommodate them;
• We thank all applicants for their interest, however only the suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview.
• By submitting your application online, you agree that: your details will be used to progress your application for employment. If your application is successful, your details will be used to administer your personnel record. If your application is unsuccessful, we will retain your details for a period no longer than two years, in order to consider you for prospective Paddy Power Betfair role.