Flexible benefits of your choice
Learning and development opportunities
25 days annual leave
Customized wellbeing programs
Extended health and travel insurances
Top trending technologies
Who we are:
Betfair Romania Development is the development powerhouse behind the Paddy Power Betfair Group. We are in Cluj-Napoca since 2009, now employing over 900 highly skilled professionals who cover a wide range of tech and non-tech areas such as development, data, information security, infrastructure, product and project management, digital marketing or sports operations.
We work on delivering unrivalled products across the industry, therefore being a Center of Excellence not only amongst PPB's European offices, but also for supporting our colleagues at Sportsbet (AUS) and FanDuel (US) in creating a safe and excitement experience to our customers around the world.
At Betfair Romania Development, we know that an inclusive workplace makes for more engaged employees. As an industry leader, we continuously strive to maintain and grow a diverse and inclusive environment whilst also ensuring that we set the standards in ethical conduct and corporate responsibility.
Think Betfair. Experience Different.
It is no question that we, as a business, thrive on leveraging the power of people. We have a passion for innovation and a pace of change that creates a whirlwind of opportunities. At Betfair Romania Development, we believe in experiencing different. If you're tired of business as usual and want to create something new, you'll love it here. Quick-thinking, adaptable and disruptive, we believe the future is what you make it. Welcome to software development with a difference.
This our challenge:
• Delivering product at scale for over 5 million customers, 99,9% of transactions in less than a second
• Our systems process more than 7 million transactions every day (more than all the European stock exchanges combined)
• Deliver high transitional products, serving more than 2.5Bn calls a day
• Diverse and up to date technical landscape to explore, leverage and innovate
• The products you'll develop will comply with ambitious uptime targets: less than 50 minutes downtime expected per year
• Continuous Integration, Deployment and Testing
What you are going to do:
The Senior Optimisation Manager will lead our Optimisation team and work with key business customers, stakeholders across the PPB business. They will be accountable for leading continuous improvements to our processes, ways of working, operating model and the maturity of our delivery function.
Senior Optimisation Manager will play a key role as a coach, to provide support and guidance to the whole technology function.
They will drive stakeholder education and embedding of operating model behaviours.
Senior Optimisations Manager will ensure our processes and ways of working enable the whole delivery function to be responsive to business needs.
(S)He continuously assess current state and propose improvements driven by collected data analysis, whilst working closely with all relevant PPB areas to clearly communicate proposed improvements.
This role reports into the Head of Portfolio & Optimisation, and will require travel to other locations including London, Dublin, Porto, Cluj.
• Engagement with all Shared Services where required and alignment of outcomes and plans.
• Keeps up with current and possible future policies, practices, and trends in the organisation, with the competition, and in the marketplace.
• Highly commercially aware with a strong customer focus.
• Ensures portfolio alignment to business strategy, highlight & resolve where it does not align.
• Promote commercial awareness to all stakeholders (demand & supply) to yield value for money.
• Own the approach to maintaining effective relationships and communication between stakeholders who initiate, define and deliver product.
• Provide clear concise communication to all levels of the organisation (Communicate effectively and credibly across a wide range of channels with senior stakeholders).
• Leads team and stakeholder meetings effectively.
• Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
• Is effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels.
• Own, ensure accuracy and relevancy of all product communications for the allocated portfolio.
• Highly commercially aware with a strong customer focus;
• Proven track record of dependency management or a complex technology landscape through multi-disciplinary teams using agile and lean software development methods;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to explain complex technical challenges in a simple and effective manner;
• Builds strong relationships with key stakeholders based on mutual respect, openness and transparency;
• Gives honest, direct feedback to team members and stakeholders to help resolve issues quickly;
• Works at pace and conveys a sense of urgency to the team;
• Works well under time and environmental pressures;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Scope / Scale of the Role:
• This role has potential line management responsibilities.
• Perform regular health checks on the product portfolio, identify and resolve risks and issues.
• Support on identifying and settling product inter-dependencies, business trade-offs and benefits realisation.
• Take charge of demand management. Own and run efficient demand processes.
• Maintain a balanced and efficient pipeline of new products.
• Contribute to reporting owned by other parts of the team.
What you can expect:
• 25 days of annual leave;
• Sharesave scheme;
• „Flexible Benefits” of your choice;
• Private health insurance (includes dental insurance and health assessments);
• Free parking;
• Thousands of courses online through ‘Udemy'
• Working from home options
Ways of working:
Flexible working is our way of working! We're a diverse workforce and therefore a 'one size fits all' approach isn't necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let's have a chat and see how we can accommodate them;
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only the suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview.
By submitting your application online, you agree that: your details will be used to progress your application for employment. If your application is successful, your details will be used to administer your personnel record.If your application is unsuccessful, we will retain your details for a period no longer than two years, in order to consider you for prospective Paddy Power Betfair role.