Flexible benefits of your choice
Learning and development opportunities
25 days annual leave
Customized wellbeing programs
Extended health and travel insurances
Top trending technologies
Who we are:
Betfair Romania Development is the development powerhouse behind the Paddy Power Betfair Group. We are in Cluj-Napoca since 2009, now employing over 900 highly skilled professionals who cover a wide range of tech and non-tech areas such as development, data, information security, infrastructure, product and project management, digital marketing or sports operations.
We work on delivering unrivalled products across the industry, therefore being a Center of Excellence not only amongst PPB's European offices, but also for supporting our colleagues at Sportsbet (AUS) and FanDuel (US) in creating a safe and excitement experience to our customers around the world.
At Betfair Romania Development, we know that an inclusive workplace makes for more engaged employees. As an industry leader, we continuously strive to maintain and grow a diverse and inclusive environment whilst also ensuring that we set the standards in ethical conduct and corporate responsibility.
Think Betfair. Experience Different.
It is no question that we, as a business, thrive on leveraging the power of people. We have a passion for innovation and a pace of change that creates a whirlwind of opportunities. At Betfair Romania Development, we believe in experiencing different. If you're tired of business as usual and want to create something new, you'll love it here. Quick-thinking, adaptable and disruptive, we believe the future is what you make it. Welcome to software development with a difference.
This our challenge:
• Delivering product at scale for over 5 million customers, 99,9% of transactions in less than a second
• Our systems process more than 7 million transactions every day (more than all the European stock exchanges combined)
• Deliver high transitional products, serving more than 2.5Bn calls a day
• Diverse and up to date technical landscape to explore, leverage and innovate
• The products you'll develop will comply with ambitious uptime targets: less than 50 minutes downtime expected per year
• Continuous Integration, Deployment and Testing
What you are going to do:
We require a highly skilled Information Security Assurance Advisor to help deliver the activities performed by the Security Assurance team. In this role you will work closely with business areas, project teams and technology experts throughout the organization to deliver processes and tools that enable the business to quickly and easily demonstrate information security requirements are well managed and in-line with existing certifications.
You will often be supporting multiple initiatives simultaneously in a complex and rapidly changing environment. You will support the assurance activities against security standards such as PCI DSS and ISO 27001.
You will help projects throughout the business understand their information security risks and co-ordinate with technical and security experts to help identify options to avoid or mitigate risks.
You will have to ensure that, whenever there is a need to share data with, or to provide access to third parties, there are adequate contractual clauses and sufficient evidence on the effectiveness of the security controls implemented by the third party to control the inherent security risks and to ensure compliance to legal and regulatory requirements.
• Work with business owners of 3rd parties to explain that security matters and help them identify security risk arising from services provided
• Work with key stakeholders in Procurement team governing the acquisitions process within PPB.
• Determine security risk to the business for services delivered by 3rd parties and identify the required security and data protection clauses in contracts. Negotiate the inclusion of such clauses in agreements with the third parties.
• Determine what the adequate level of assurance is required, ask for and assess evidence that demonstrates effectiveness of security processes and controls implemented by the third parties.
• Support external audits certifying PPB's compliance to ISO27001 and PCI DSS.
• Advise on topics related to PPB's ISMS (Information Security Management System)
• Demonstrate a good understanding of GRC (governance, risk and compliance)
• Having worked before in Technology, Gaming or Financial sector is an advantage
• Be inquisitive about processes, controls, dependencies, problems, risks
• Have an analytical mind able to filter out meaningful data from large amounts of information
• Be able to influence internal and external stakeholders to support outcomes delivery
• Think beyond theoretical principles and be able to adapt to an agile environment
• Deliver within timelines while multitasking
• Communicate with ease both in-person and using communication tooling (email, voice and video calls) with stakeholders in various hierarchical positions
• Be flexible, have adaptive approaches depending on the situation (when identifying and assessing issues, evaluating mitigations options, following-up on closures)
• The candidate should have expertise in supplier contract negotiations, security controls and technologies, personal data regulations (e.g. GDPR).
• Relevant experience in one or more of the following: security assurance, risk management, IT audits, IT systems management and design
• Broad understanding of security processes and controls
• Good understanding of outsourcing processes, associated risks and benefits
• Knowledge and ease of working with security standards (e.g. ISO 27001, PCI DSS)
• Good level of spoken and written English (B2) (fluency in English is a must)
• One or more of CISA, CISSP, ISO 27001, COBIT, ITIL
• Good understanding of data protection principles and legislation
• Hands on experience as a system admin
• Scripting knowledge to drive lightweight automation
What you can expect:
• 25 days of annual leave;
• Sharesave scheme;
• „Flexible Benefits” of your choice;
• Private health insurance (includes dental insurance and health assessments);
• Free parking;
• Thousands of courses online through ‘Udemy'
• Working from home options
Ways of working:
Flexible working is our way of working! We're a diverse workforce and therefore a 'one size fits all' approach isn't necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let's have a chat and see how we can accommodate them;
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only the suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview.
By submitting your application online, you agree that: your details will be used to progress your application for employment. If your application is successful, your details will be used to administer your personnel record.If your application is unsuccessful, we will retain your details for a period no longer than two years, in order to consider you for prospective Paddy Power Betfair role.