Flexible benefits of your choice
Learning and development opportunities
25 days annual leave
Customized wellbeing programs
Extended health and travel insurances
Top trending technologies
Who we are:
Betfair Romania Development is the development powerhouse behind the Paddy Power Betfair Group. We are in Cluj-Napoca since 2009, now employing over 900 highly skilled professionals who cover a wide range of tech and non-tech areas such as development, data, information security, infrastructure, product and project management, digital marketing or sports operations.
We work on delivering unrivalled products across the industry, therefore being a Center of Excellence not only amongst PPB's European offices, but also for supporting our colleagues at Sportsbet (AUS) and FanDuel (US) in creating a safe and excitement experience to our customers around the world.
At Betfair Romania Development, we know that an inclusive workplace makes for more engaged employees. As an industry leader, we continuously strive to maintain and grow a diverse and inclusive environment whilst also ensuring that we set the standards in ethical conduct and corporate responsibility.
Think Betfair. Experience Different.
It is no question that we, as a business, thrive on leveraging the power of people. We have a passion for innovation and a pace of change that creates a whirlwind of opportunities. At Betfair Romania Development, we believe in experiencing different. If you're tired of business as usual and want to create something new, you'll love it here. Quick-thinking, adaptable and disruptive, we believe the future is what you make it. Welcome to software development with a difference.
What you are going to do:
The Programme Manager will support the successful delivery of initiatives through effective planning, risk management and communication with the relevant senior stakeholders.
Work closely with all relevant PPB areas to clearly communicate and promote strategies, dependencies and plans for all initiatives under his/her portfolio.
The role will also be responsible for directly leading one or more key PPB initiatives, ensuring the successful delivery of customer outcomes. This may involve working across multiple teams, disciplines and locations.
Programme Managers act as coaches on good communication and regularly demonstrate role model behaviours. They liaise with senior stakeholders and ensure consistency of best practices.
The role has specific accountability for optimising resource utilisation across the team, budget management, internal and external dependency management and risk management at the tribe level.
Leadership & Business Context
• Motivates and inspires co-workers to attain goals and pursue excellence.
• Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
• Leads by example in terms of work ethic and professional attitude.
• Manages effectively within a matrix organization.
• Commercially aware and understands the customer and commercial priorities across all tribes, and how their work relates to them.
• Ensures the team understands PPB commercial strategies and makes the right decisions for our customers and our business.
Teamwork & Staff Development
• Encourages less experienced Project Managers to take responsibility for their development within the company.
• Performs formal performance appraisals; implements and manages the process for improvement plans where required.
• Develops excellent relationships with senior stakeholders and key personnel across the business. Communicates effectively with stakeholders to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions.
• Provides clear concise communication to all levels of the organisation (Communicate effectively and credibly across a wide range of channels with senior stakeholders).
• Actively works to remove programme level blockers.
Governance, Programme Delivery
• Responsible for escalations and facilitates re-approvals.
• Accountable for ensuring all weekly portfolio inputs are completed for their team.
• Controls Focus Tribes/complex initiatives throughout the lifecycle. Reports status and prognosis.
• Identifies, tracks and manages programme risks and issues through to closure – ensures senior stakeholders are informed of progress and resolution.
• Quality Checking of all project management documentation to meet governance requirements and provide documented evidence and SMART feedback.
• Co-ordinates cross-location, cross-function teams to deliver large scale complex programmes of work.
• Gathers information across all initiatives and creates a programme schedule and associated roadmaps.
• Works with procurement process and manages and tracks RFP/budget if appropriate.
• Ensures standardisation of ways of working, artefacts, language, etc across areas (home tribes, focus tribes and initiatives). Ensures the team is aligned to and most effectively implements the PPB operating model.
• Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
• Reviews the status reports of team members and addresses issues as appropriate.
• Accountable for regular assessment and reporting on tribe, like health checks, capacity, priorities, OKRs, etc.
Ways of working:
Flexible working is our way of working! We're a diverse workforce and therefore a 'one size fits all' approach isn't necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let's have a chat and see how we can accommodate them;
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only the suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview.
By submitting your application online, you agree that: your details will be used to progress your application for employment. If your application is successful, your details will be used to administer your personnel record.If your application is unsuccessful, we will retain your details for a period no longer than two years, in order to consider you for prospective Paddy Power Betfair role.