Flexible benefits of your choice
Learning and development opportunities
25 days annual leave
Customized wellbeing programs
Extended health and travel insurances
Top trending technologies
Who we are:
Betfair Romania Development is the development powerhouse behind the Paddy Power Betfair Group. We are in Cluj-Napoca since 2009, now employing over 900 highly skilled professionals who cover a wide range of tech and non-tech areas such as development, data, information security, infrastructure, product and project management, digital marketing or sports operations.
We work on delivering unrivalled products across the industry, therefore being a Center of Excellence not only amongst PPB's European offices, but also for supporting our colleagues at Sportsbet (AUS) and FanDuel (US) in creating a safe and excitement experience to our customers around the world.
At Betfair Romania Development, we know that an inclusive workplace makes for more engaged employees. As an industry leader, we continuously strive to maintain and grow a diverse and inclusive environment whilst also ensuring that we set the standards in ethical conduct and corporate responsibility.
Think Betfair. Experience Different.
It is no question that we, as a business, thrive on leveraging the power of people. We have a passion for innovation and a pace of change that creates a whirlwind of opportunities. At Betfair Romania Development, we believe in experiencing different. If you're tired of business as usual and want to create something new, you'll love it here. Quick-thinking, adaptable and disruptive, we believe the future is what you make it. Welcome to software development with a difference.
This our challenge:
• Delivering product at scale for over 5 million customers, 99,9% of transactions in less than a second
• Our systems process more than 7 million transactions every day (more than all the European stock exchanges combined)
• Deliver high transitional products, serving more than 2.5Bn calls a day
• Diverse and up to date technical landscape to explore, leverage and innovate
• The products you'll develop will comply with ambitious uptime targets: less than 50 minutes downtime expected per year
• Continuous Integration, Deployment and Testing
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, Data Engineer intern to join our great team of engineers in building high-end, high quality applications.
What you are going to do:
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
Experience & Qualifications Required:
Key Skills & Attributes
At Betfair, the customer is at the heart of everything we do. Therefore, we value people who deliver a great service that directly benefits our customers. We look for five key values in our people:
• Relentless: Will To Win: We strive to stay ahead of the game and achieve more for our customers and each other.
• Collaboration: We win by having the best people, working well together and building strong relationships.
• Integrity: We take pride in doing what's right. No exceptions.
• Agility: We adapt at pace and with purpose, and thrive amid change.
• Low Ego: We take our work seriously but not ourselves, and never believe our own hype.
What you can expect:
• 25 days of annual leave;
• Sharesave scheme;
• „Flexible Benefits” of your choice;
• Private health insurance (includes dental insurance and health assessments);
• Free parking;
• Thousands of courses online through ‘Udemy'
• Working from home options
Ways of working:
Flexible working is our way of working! We're a diverse workforce and therefore a 'one size fits all' approach isn't necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let's have a chat and see how we can accommodate them;
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only the suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview.
By submitting your application online, you agree that: your details will be used to progress your application for employment. If your application is successful, your details will be used to administer your personnel record.If your application is unsuccessful, we will retain your details for a period no longer than two years, in order to consider you for prospective Paddy Power Betfair role.