Flexible benefits of your choice
Learning and development opportunities
25 days annual leave
Customized wellbeing programs
Extended health and travel insurances
Top trending technologies
Who we are:
Betfair Romania Development is the development powerhouse behind the Paddy Power Betfair Group. We are in Cluj-Napoca since 2009, now employing over 900 highly skilled professionals who cover a wide range of tech and non-tech areas such as development, data, information security, infrastructure, product and project management, digital marketing or sports operations.
We work on delivering unrivalled products across the industry, therefore being a Center of Excellence not only amongst PPB's European offices, but also for supporting our colleagues at Sportsbet (AUS) and FanDuel (US) in creating a safe and excitement experience to our customers around the world.
At Betfair Romania Development, we know that an inclusive workplace makes for more engaged employees. As an industry leader, we continuously strive to maintain and grow a diverse and inclusive environment whilst also ensuring that we set the standards in ethical conduct and corporate responsibility.
Think Betfair. Experience Different.
It is no question that we, as a business, thrive on leveraging the power of people. We have a passion for innovation and a pace of change that creates a whirlwind of opportunities. At Betfair Romania Development, we believe in experiencing different. If you're tired of business as usual and want to create something new, you'll love it here. Quick-thinking, adaptable and disruptive, we believe the future is what you make it. Welcome to software development with a difference.
This our challenge:
• Delivering product at scale for over 5 million customers, 99,9% of transactions in less than a second
• Our systems process more than 7 million transactions every day (more than all the European stock exchanges combined)
• Deliver high transitional products, serving more than 2.5Bn calls a day
• Diverse and up to date technical landscape to explore, leverage and innovate
• The products you'll develop will comply with ambitious uptime targets: less than 50 minutes downtime expected per year
• Continuous Integration, Deployment and Testing
What you are going to do:
We are looking for a Data QA Engineer with proven data integration skills that are required by Paddy Power Betfair to auality assure our Data Warehouse and Reporting solutions delivered by the Data team. The successful candidate will have good technical and problem solving skills, with a positive and results driven attitude, a strong communicator who can interact with both technical and non-technical people.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
• Functional Testing of Data Integration & Reporting solutions
• E2E testing - from source data stores through to reports, including test data set up
• Interact with the Product Owner to ensure suitable understanding of requirements
• Review acceptance criteria for the user stories & ensure required test coverage
• Own defect management lifecycle
• Design & develop repeatable, automated test cases
• Drive Test Driven Development practices
• Drive Environments best practices
• Own data delivery regression test pack
Experience & Qualifications Required:
• Background in functional testing with the ability to plan, design and execute test cases
• Experience of Agile software development practices
• Proven diagnostic and debugging skills
• Understands Data, Data Integration, Data Warehouse & Business Intelligence
• Experience of Hands On testing in the data space
• Experience in writing SQL
• Experience in ETL/ELT/BI Tools
• Energetic and analytical approach to problem solving
Key Skills & Attributes
• Ability to work in a fast paced, team oriented environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical skills.
• Enthusiasm for the software development process.
• Proactive work ethic with the ability to deliver results and meet challenging deadlines
• Good English language skills
At Betfair, the customer is at the heart of everything we do. Therefore, we value people who deliver a great service that directly benefits our customers. We look for five key values in our people:
• Relentless Will To Win: We strive to stay ahead of the game and achieve more for our customers and each other.
• Collaboration: We win by having the best people, working well together and building strong relationships.
• Integrity: We take pride in doing what's right. No exceptions.
• Agility: We adapt at pace and with purpose, and thrive amid change.
• Low Ego: We take our work seriously but not ourselves, and never believe our own hype.
What you can expect:
• 25 days of annual leave;
• Sharesave scheme;
• „Flexible Benefits” of your choice;
• Private health insurance (includes dental insurance and health assessments);
• Free parking;
• Thousands of courses online through ‘Udemy'
• Working from home options
Ways of working:
Flexible working is our way of working! We're a diverse workforce and therefore a 'one size fits all' approach isn't necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let's have a chat and see how we can accommodate them;
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only the suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview.
By submitting your application online, you agree that: your details will be used to progress your application for employment. If your application is successful, your details will be used to administer your personnel record.If your application is unsuccessful, we will retain your details for a period no longer than two years, in order to consider you for prospective Paddy Power Betfair role.