Flexible benefits of your choice
Learning and development opportunities
25 days annual leave
Customized wellbeing programs
Extended health and travel insurances
Top trending technologies
Who we are:
Betfair Romania Development is the development powerhouse behind the Paddy Power Betfair Group. We are in Cluj-Napoca since 2009, now employing over 900 highly skilled professionals who cover a wide range of tech and non-tech areas such as development, data, information security, infrastructure, product and project management, digital marketing or sports operations.
We work on delivering unrivalled products across the industry, therefore being a Center of Excellence not only amongst PPB's European offices, but also for supporting our colleagues at Sportsbet (AUS) and FanDuel (US) in creating a safe and excitement experience to our customers around the world.
At Betfair Romania Development, we know that an inclusive workplace makes for more engaged employees. As an industry leader, we continuously strive to maintain and grow a diverse and inclusive environment whilst also ensuring that we set the standards in ethical conduct and corporate responsibility.
Think Betfair. Experience Different.
It is no question that we, as a business, thrive on leveraging the power of people. We have a passion for innovation and a pace of change that creates a whirlwind of opportunities. At Betfair Romania Development, we believe in experiencing different. If you're tired of business as usual and want to create something new, you'll love it here. Quick-thinking, adaptable and disruptive, we believe the future is what you make it. Welcome to software development with a difference.
This our challenge:
• Delivering product at scale for over 5 million customers, 99,9% of transactions in less than a second
• Our systems process more than 7 million transactions every day (more than all the European stock exchanges combined)
• Deliver high transitional products, serving more than 2.5Bn calls a day
• Diverse and up to date technical landscape to explore, leverage and innovate
• The products you'll develop will comply with ambitious uptime targets: less than 50 minutes downtime expected per year
• Continuous Integration, Deployment and Testing
What you are going to do:
We are looking for an enthusiastic dedicated, self-motivated Automation/DevOps Engineer to work within our Data Automation team to support all Data platforms and services across Paddy Power Betfair.
The successful candidate will be proactive, thorough and have excellent technical and problem solving skills, with a positive and results-driven attitude.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
• Evaluation and installation of new applications, monitoring and support of existing ones, improving the existing cloud and on-premises environments by using Automation and DevOps tools and processes, scripting, and pushing for automation and an Automation / DevOps mentality.
• Deployment and configuration of new cloud based Data platforms, new software application releases, monitoring and alerting, etc.
Key Working Relationships:
This position involves working with and been part of a cross-skilled data engineering team, and will have regular contact with the Data development teams, Architecture, infrastructure, networking and other technology teams and business stakeholders.
Experience & Qualifications Required:
• Fluent in English
• Year(s) of Linux/Unix-like administration, preferably RedHat/CentOS
• Networking knowledge
• Demonstrable scripting or programming knowledge (shell scripting, Python)
• Basic experience with databases
• Understanding of configuration management and server orchestration
• Understanding of continuous integration/deployment
• Ability to work and communicate with non-technical business staff
• Continuous integration/deployment experience (Jenkins, Go), highly desirable
• Experience with automation tools like Ansible, Chef, SaltStack, etc., highly desirable
• Experience working in large environments, with experience and understanding of change control and release management processes
• AWS experience
• Implementation and configuration of monitoring tools
• Experience of load balancing products, clustering and/or high availability
• Experience with packaging of applications
Skills & Attributes
• Ability to work in a fast paced, team oriented environment
• Excellent communication skills. An ability to communicate and manage expectations under pressure is vital
• Attention to detail and proactive “can-do” approach to all aspects of systems administration
• Ability to take ownership of an issue and work to tight timeframes as necessary
• Keen interest in working with new technologies
What you can expect:
• 25 days of annual leave;
• Sharesave scheme;
• „Flexible Benefits” of your choice;
• Private health insurance (includes dental insurance and health assessments);
• Free parking;
• Thousands of courses online through ‘Udemy'
• Working from home options
Ways of working:
Flexible working is our way of working! We're a diverse workforce and therefore a 'one size fits all' approach isn't necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let's have a chat and see how we can accommodate them;
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only the suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview.
By submitting your application online, you agree that: your details will be used to progress your application for employment. If your application is successful, your details will be used to administer your personnel record.If your application is unsuccessful, we will retain your details for a period no longer than two years, in order to consider you for prospective Paddy Power Betfair role.