Flexible benefits of your choice
Learning and development opportunities
25 days annual leave
Customized wellbeing programs
Extended health and travel insurances
Top trending technologies
Who we are:
Betfair Romania Development is the development powerhouse behind the Paddy Power Betfair Group. We are in Cluj-Napoca since 2009, now employing over 900 highly skilled professionals who cover a wide range of tech and non-tech areas such as development, data, information security, infrastructure, product and project management, digital marketing or sports operations.
We work on delivering unrivalled products across the industry, therefore being a Center of Excellence not only amongst PPB's European offices but also for supporting our colleagues at Sportsbet (AUS) and FanDuel (US) in creating a safe and exciting experience to our customers around the world.
At Betfair Romania Development, we know that an inclusive workplace makes for more engaged employees. As an industry leader, we continuously strive to maintain and grow a diverse and inclusive environment whilst also ensuring that we set the standards in ethical conduct and corporate responsibility.
Think Betfair. Experience Different.
It is no question that we, as a business, thrive on leveraging the power of people. We have a passion for innovation and a pace of change that creates a whirlwind of opportunities. At Betfair Romania Development, we believe in experiencing different. If you're tired of business as usual and want to create something new, you'll love it here. Quick-thinking, adaptable and disruptive, we believe the future is what you make it. Welcome to software development with a difference.
This our challenge:
• Delivering product at scale for over 5 million customers, 99,9% of transactions in less than a second
• Our systems process more than 7 million transactions every day (more than all the European stock exchanges combined)
• Deliver high transitional products, serving more than 2.5Bn calls a day
• Diverse and up to date technical landscape to explore, leverage and innovate
• The products you'll develop will comply with ambitious uptime targets: less than 50 minutes downtime expected per year
• Continuous Integration, Deployment and Testing
What you are going to do:
The Cloud System Engineer will work on multiple technologies providing centralised Platform Tooling to distributed development and infrastructure teams across PPB.
The Cloud System Engineering team will own and manage the Operational Tooling strategies for all services supporting PPBs customers. This includes services hosted on-premise and across multiple public cloud platforms.
The team will work closely with the other Cloud Platform teams maintaining a focus on automation and integration with other platform capabilities thereby reducing the complexity and organisational overhead in the provision of infrastructure services.
• Constantly improving our infrastructure, monitoring, standards and tooling.
• Maintains the performance and availability of core operational toolsets
• Build/Develop and supports solutions that provide visibility into the operational health of PPBs technology stack
• Identifies groups not utilising the platform tooling efficiently and identifies actions to improve
• Assists in filling any operational readiness gaps for products making their way into Production
• Keeps ahead of technology trends that may affect PPB by self-education, training courses and industry conferences.
• Conducts regular reviews of any areas of the estate, and agrees action plans to remediate any gaps or inefficiencies found relating to operational health (observability)
• Contributes to Technology Risk Register
• Contributes to capacity and reliability planning for our technical services
The ideal candidate will be an engineer or developer, with a minimum of 4 years' experience in complex systems. (S)he will have deep and broad technology interest and specifically in areas such as observability, monitoring and performance, who can quickly get up to speed to apply that knowledge to a variety of systems to reflect the quality of the customer experience
• Knowledge of automation, tooling and capabilities. Strives to maintain competitive advantage through efficiency.
• An understanding of large scale, highly transactional site delivery and operations across native, private and public cloud platforms
• A talent for programming and scripting. Strong experience in one or more of Java, Go and Python to compliment Linux and networking knowledge. Programming expertise is required to build automation solutions, deliver new operational tooling and custom monitoring
• Monitoring/alerting (Sensu, Grafana etc.)
• Experience in aggregated log solutions (Splunk, log shipping solutions etc.)
• Configuration Management (Chef, Ansible etc.)
• Experience with Continuous Deployment/Integration
What you can expect:
• 25 days of annual leave;
• Free breakfast;
• Sharesave scheme;
• „Flexible Benefits” of your choice;
• Private health insurance (includes dental insurance and health assessments);
• Free parking;
• Thousands of courses online through ‘Udemy'
• Working from home options
Ways of working:
Flexible working is our way of working! We're a diverse workforce and therefore a 'one size fits all' approach isn't necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let's have a chat and see how we can accommodate them;
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only the suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview.
By submitting your application online, you agree that: your details will be used to progress your application for employment. If your application is successful, your details will be used to administer your personnel record. If your application is unsuccessful, we will retain your details for a period no longer than two years, in order to consider you for prospective Paddy Power Betfair role.