Flexible benefits of your choice
Learning and development opportunities
25 days annual leave
Customized wellbeing programs
Extended health and travel insurances
Top trending technologies
Who we are:
Betfair Romania Development is the development powerhouse behind the Paddy Power Betfair Group. We are in Cluj-Napoca since 2009, now employing over 900 highly skilled professionals who cover a wide range of tech and non-tech areas such as development, data, information security, infrastructure, product and project management, digital marketing or sports operations.
We work on delivering unrivalled products across the industry, therefore being a Center of Excellence not only amongst PPB's European offices, but also for supporting our colleagues at Sportsbet (AUS) and FanDuel (US) in creating a safe and excitement experience to our customers around the world.
At Betfair Romania Development, we know that an inclusive workplace makes for more engaged employees. As an industry leader, we continuously strive to maintain and grow a diverse and inclusive environment whilst also ensuring that we set the standards in ethical conduct and corporate responsibility.
Think Betfair. Experience Different.
It is no question that we, as a business, thrive on leveraging the power of people. We have a passion for innovation and a pace of change that creates a whirlwind of opportunities. At Betfair Romania Development, we believe in experiencing different. If you're tired of business as usual and want to create something new, you'll love it here. Quick-thinking, adaptable and disruptive, we believe the future is what you make it. Welcome to software development with a difference.
This our challenge:
• Delivering product at scale for over 5 million customers, 99,9% of transactions in less than a second
• Our systems process more than 7 million transactions every day (more than all the European stock exchanges combined)
• Deliver high transitional products, serving more than 2.5Bn calls a day
• Diverse and up to date technical landscape to explore, leverage and innovate
• The products you'll develop will comply with ambitious uptime targets: less than 50 minutes downtime expected per year
• Continuous Integration, Deployment and Testing
What you are going to do:
The role of Infrastructure Security Engineer is a member of the Paddy Power Betfair Infrastructure Security Team, reporting to the Infrastructure Security Manager.
This role is responsible for providing best practice security advice as early as possible in the lifecycle of a project or initiative. A key requirement for the role is to be able to build trust with teams and operate as an enabler for the business while at the same time driving security best practices. This role will also be required to assist in defining and running with initiatives to continually improve Paddy Power Betfair's security posture.
The successful candidate should expect occasional travel to Dublin or London and our nearshore location in Porto.
• Broad knowledge of diverse infrastructure technologies
• Strong knowledge of networking and other platform components
• Strong technical knowledge of UNIX and Windows
• Strong experience in enterprise firewall technologies for corporate and production environments
• Detailed experience, in approaches to securing corporate and production infrastructure
• Excellent relationship and stakeholder management skills
• A technical expert who can assist in defining infrastructure security standards and hardening
• Ability to work with a low level of supervision, and can be relied upon to deliver good quality results by
• Participate in multiple projects and activities which may be varied in scope and complexity
• Ability to evaluate and select control technologies/methodologies and monitor their effectiveness
• Knowledge of IT Security best practices and standards (such as CIS, PCI DSS, etc.).
• The ability to engineer infrastructure security solutions
• Ability to work with architects, engineers and operations to develop secure solutions
• Deep understanding of vulnerability management in a large organisation
• Experience working with Anti-DDoS solution for organisations with large online footprints is
• Experience working with SDN solutions is advantageous
• Experience working with Public/Private Cloud environments, and security controls around such
environments are advantageous
• Provide security guidance, consultation and direction on Paddy Power Betfair Business Projects and
• Act as the security point of contact for business projects
• Provide and engineer security requirements into the operations and engineering functions
• Own and deliver pieces of work to design and engineer new security services, or enhancements to
• Develop and maintain knowledge of the security aspects of applicable new services and technologies,
e.g. AWS, virtualisation and automation, to support the implementation of secure services for Paddy
• In a consultative manner, plan, lead and contribute to the implementation of security solutions, based on
• Evaluate firewall rules and other change requests to assess organizational risk
• Perform security risk assessments and reviews.
• Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls to known risks and threats
• Work with the wider technology teams to define infrastructure security standards and policies
• Assist in the creation and adoption of infrastructure security standards and policies
• Participate in incident response and analysis when required
• Commercial acumen: Knows how the business works and how the organisation makes money and stays competitive. Encourages diverse thinking to promote and nurture innovation. Articulates credible pictures and visions of possibilities that will create sustainable value.
Ability to drive change: Talks about future possibilities in a positive way
Creates milestones and symbols to rally support behind the vision
Articulates the vision in a way everyone can relate to. Creates organisation wide energy and optimism for the future
What you can expect:
• 25 days of annual leave;
• Free breakfast;
• Sharesave scheme;
• „Flexible Benefits” of your choice;
• Private health insurance (includes dental insurance and health assessments);
• Free parking;
• Thousands of courses online through ‘Udemy'
• Working from home options
Ways of working:
Flexible working is our way of working! We're a diverse workforce and therefore a 'one size fits all' approach isn't necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let's have a chat and see how we can accommodate them;
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only the suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview.
By submitting your application online, you agree that: your details will be used to progress your application for employment. If your application is successful, your details will be used to administer your personnel record. If your application is unsuccessful, we will retain your details for a period no longer than two years, in order to consider you for prospective Paddy Power Betfair role.